Friday, October 29, 2010

2010 fall quilt festival

This quilt is in transit back to me and not bound yet, but it is my 2010 favorite quilt! Words really can't do justice to how fabulous this quilt has become. What started out as this lovely quilt pictured below has really turned into something that I will treasure forever and pass down to my children and grandchildren.

This top was made from 3 charm packs and a bolt of 100% cotton I got on sale at Joanne's fabric.

When I mailed my friend, Krista, this quilt, I included a note that said, I'd love to have the stars pop and would rather not sew on them. When I visited her a few weeks ago in New Mexico, she started sewing it. Seeing it in person really took my breath away.

Krista stippled between the stars and if you click on the below picture, she used white thread which creates stars on the back! I have a double sided quilt.


When I get this wonderful quilt back, I'll take more detailed pictures, but for now this in the quilt I want to enter in the fall 2010 quilt festival. Want to see some more great quilts??? Head on over to this link and check out the awesome creations: http://amyscreativeside.com/2010/10/29/bloggers-quilt-festival-fall-2010/

What do you think?

Until next time

9 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt. I love the simplicity of the design and the fabulous quilting patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the quilting makes the stars pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh, totally love how she quilted it, the front and back both look amazing! what pattern did you use for the stars?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this quilt will be one that will be treasured for generations Erin! What a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I''m such a fan of color on white and this is an amazing example of why!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the stars pop. The light background fabric makes for a very crisp clean modern look. Thanks for sharing.
    Come see my 1890 antique schoolhouse quilt and
    black/white/pink scrappy miniature

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely quilt. Isn't it wonderful what you can do with charm packs. The quilting is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and visiting misserincrafts.